Click here to access our blog.
ACPI Salon Webinar – Wednesday, June 18th – 5 PM ET
“Developing Markets in Career Development Practice”
Career professionals have long acknowledged that ‘traditional’ markets for our services have expanded well beyond our home countries and continents. And with innovative web-based applications, delivery mechanisms are evolving more rapidly than ever, helping us expand our reach to new audiences.
But is a command of technology enough to succeed in ‘developing’ world markets?
Join Allan Gatenby for an insider’s view on the ‘pressures and pleasures’ of building a career practice in a population of a billion plus people – India!
His fast-paced and engaging presentation will investigate:
- Global trends of changed practice
- Responses that practitioners are making to market place changes
- Implications for individual practice and professional support, and
- First steps in venturing into new markets
Prepare to get a taste of what career means in a whole new world of talent and economic surge!
This is another free member benefit of ACP International.
Invite your colleagues to join you in this professional development event.
About the Salon Webinar Leader:
Allan Gatenby, CMF has a privileged view of global trends, informed by his roles as Governor of ICCI, New South Wales Division President of the Career Development Association of Australia, and leader of a busy international career support practice. He’s observed labour market trends, cultural sensitivities, demographic shifts, and gender & generational differences - primarily through work experiences in India, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
Salon Webinar Series - Save the Dates!
In true salon style, plan now to gather colleagues for some food, libations and cerebral stimulation at these upcoming sessions, free to all members:
*Wed. June 18th - 5 PM ET
- "Talent & Careers in Developing Markets: Tales from India and Beyond" - Allan Gatenby (Australia)
*Tues. Aug. 12th - 5 PM ET
- "Culture, Leadership & Innovation" - Allan Gatenby (Australia)
*Tues. Sept. 23rd - 12 Noon ET
- "How to Build a Non-Traditional Career Path: Embracing Economic Disruption" - Ron Elsdon (USA)
- "Creating a Mentoring Program: Mentoring Partnerships Across the Generations" - Annabelle Reitman & Sylvia Benatti (USA)
Check the website and e-notices for more Salon Series updates and content coming soon.
ACP International - 25th Anniversary & Professional Development Conference
"Valuing Connections and Careers" - A Global Gathering to honour our beginnings - and to 'architect' our future.
November 6-8, 2014
Registration is now open: click on "Conference 2014" to register individuals and groups.
Travel and Accommodation, programming, sponsorship, and entertainment information coming soon!
Dr. Edgar Schein: "Career Management Today and Beyond" - Thurs. June 5, 2014
Join the ACPI New England Network for this special live-streaming session featuring the "father of corporate culture".
HOOK UP TO OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE………….
ACP International is again supporting the World Future Society Conference, taking place this year in Orlando, Florida: www.wfs.org/worldfuture-2014-what-if
This is another ACPI member value opportunity to showcase your expertise and grow your business connections.
Career counselors wishing to volunteer their services should contact Dr. Helen Harkness at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at Career Design Associates: 972-278-4701.
Through ACPI’s collaboration with CERIC (a Canadian-based charitable organization that advances education and research in career counselling and career development), our members are automatically subscribed to
CERIC’s terrific free resources including CareerWise, Careering magazine,
The Canadian Journal of Career Development, and information on the annual Cannexus National Career Development Conference.
Due to Canada’s new anti-spam legislation, to maintain your subscription to these resources you must personally re-subscribe, so click on this link: ceric.wufoo.com/forms/ceric-subscriptions
ACP INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP - DID YOU KNOW…….
1. You can join anytime, and your membership benefits last to the end of the one-year anniversary month in which you joined
2. If you need an invoice for your membership fees, email us and we’ll send you one:
3. You can join, renew and pay your membership fees on line
(fast, securely, and you receive an instant receipt)
4. Your membership fees include a one-year subscription to “Your Workplace” magazine (a $98 value): www.yourworkplace.ca
5. Significant Discounts on registration fees for our 25th Anniversary Celebration and Professional Development Conference (Nov. 6-8, 2014) are available to members only – so join or renew today.