The Association of Career Professionals International (“ACP International”) is a global organization dedicated to advancing public awareness of the career management profession, as well as in promoting the international profile and credibility of its varied membership.
Originally established as an International Association of Outplacement Professionals (IAOP) in 1989, then renamed as International Association of Career Management Professionals (IACMP) in 1994, we are now the Association of Career Professionals International (ACP International), and we continue to evolve and adapt with the trends and developments in our profession.
Our members understand the changing needs of the business and services world and through continuous professional development, marketing and networking opportunities offered in this association, we keep current with the latest career trends and issues that challenge people in their work and life journey. We also offer expansive opportunities for local connection through our ACPI Networks.
Membership in the ACP International tells clients, prospective clients, and peers that we are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in the career services field.
A membership application is available in this web site and includes information on the services ACP International offers.
Did you know that ACP International………
- Appears consistently at or near the top of Internet searches when prospective clients look for professional career coaching providers – giving you primary positioning to cost-effectively market your services to business prospects (via your free Professional Member Profile)
- Pays on your behalf for a one-year subscription to “Your Workplace” Magazine, an award-winning publication with superb, career focused articles and global distribution ($98 value)
- Operates as a largely volunteer-run, not for profit association advocating for fair compensation for you and enhanced consumer awareness about the career profession, locally and globally
- Offers its members top-flight content and professional advancement programming through its “Salon Series” and other interactive events like the Career Thought Leaders Brainstorming Day, Nov. 1
What do we do?
Through ACP International, professional development tools and events, research, networking opportunities, certification, and ethical practice standards allow members to enhance their knowledge and skills as career and talent development practitioners. Leveraging the power of technology, ACP International serves its members’ needs through a user friendly, interactive web platform offering the latest features in business development, marketing, education and research.
The Association of Career Professionals International is committed to:
- Advancing public awareness of the Association and the profession, with the intent to advocate and educate for a heightened global profile and credibility of its members.
- Providing a platform of guidelines and standards for ethical practice for each member to authenticate their knowledge and professional skills in the field of career and talent development.
- Supplying access to tools and resources for professional development, research and networking; and entrée to an internationally recognized professional certification.
What is a Career Professional?
Now a significant global practice, the career services profession has been quietly transforming over the past three decades. The scope of our work is diverse and has evolved significantly: from performing individual career consulting, to assisting corporations design their talent management strategies.
ACP International members possess the requisite skills and experience for assisting both individual and organizational clients in Europe, Australia, North & South America, Africa, Asia Pacific, and beyond. Practitioners operate as independent career professionals, consultants within Human Resources firms, and as trusted advisors within public and private sector organizations, academic institutions and community based agencies.